|HUGO Gene Nomenclature Committee|
|HGNC Approved Symbol||HGNC Approved Name|
|SNORA74A||small nucleolar RNA, H/ACA box 74A|
Homo sapiens U19 snoRNA.
This H/ACA box RNA was cloned by Kiss, Bortolin and Filipowicz (1996). Its role in guiding the pseudouridylation of residues U3741 and U3743 of 28S rRNA was evidenced by Ganot et al. (1997a) and Bortolin and Kiss (1998). The pseudouridylation of these residues was previously reported by Ofengand and Bakin (1997).
U19 could also guide the pseudouridylation of U3 snRNA U8 (Schattner et al., 2006), experimentally established for rat U3B snoRNA by Reddy et al. (1979).
U19 resides in the Matrin3 gene from human to opossum. U19-2 in the ATP6V0E gene is probably a primate-specific retroposon. A second paralogue, U19-3, resides in the TIMM23 gene from human to chicken and xenopus.In human and chimp, the TIMM23 gene and the snoRNA sequence appear duplicated (U19-3b).|
|GenBank accession number :
|Host gene : U19H noncoding mRNA, alternative form of Matrin3 (MATR3) mRNA.|
|Click here to see the position on the UCSC Genome Browser|
|Target RNA : 28S rRNA U3741 and 28S rRNA U3743 and U3 snRNA U8|
|sno/scaRNAs with same target 28S rRNA U3741 : U19-2  |
|sno/scaRNAs with same target 28S rRNA U3743 : U19-2  |
- Ganot, P., Bortolin, M. L., and Kiss, T. (1997a). Site-specific pseudouridine formation in preribosomal RNA is guided by small nucleolar RNAs. Cell 89, 799-809.
- Ofengand, J., and Bakin, A. (1997). Mapping to nucleotide resolution of pseudouridine residues in large subunit ribosomal RNAs from representative eukaryotes, prokaryotes, archaebacteria, mitochondria and chloroplasts. J Mol Biol 266, 246-268.
- Kiss, T., Bortolin, M. L., and Filipowicz, W. (1996). Characterization of the intron-encoded U19 RNA, a new mammalian small nucleolar RNA that is not associated with fibrillarin. Mol Cell Biol, 16, 1391-1400.
- Bortolin, M. L., and Kiss, T. (1998). Human U19 intron-encoded snoRNA is processed from a long primary transcript that possesses little potential for protein coding. Rna, 4, 445-454.
- Schattner, P., Barberan-Soler, S., and Lowe, T. M. (2006). A computational screen for mammalian pseudouridylation guide H/ACA RNAs. Rna 12, 15-25
- Reddy R, Henning D, Busch H (1979) Nucleotide sequence of nucleolar U3B RNA. J Biol Chem 254: 11097-11105.
|snoRNABase - http://www-snorna.biotoul.fr/|